Please be available for the whole period mentioned in the application.
• If youre build up is more than 8 hours, please be available one day prior to the period.
The production for which you are applying must be completed by the date of your application.
All applications must be submitted in English, and the contact person of the application must know basic English.
If you are an agent or manager submitting this application on behalf of an artist, ACCAC must have direct contact with the producing company as well as the agent.
Final Deadline is mentioned in the title of each Open call.
• Late or incomplete applications will be not considered.
• Support materials will only be accepted online.
Artist/companies that have been selected will be notified on a date mentioned in the application form.
• Alternate and Spotlight artists will be contacted at a later date.
ACCAC will not pay a performance fee.
ACCAC provides the venue and a portion of the production costs (including local transportation and Food). It is up to each artist to secure funding from their company, government, arts council, and constituents to attend, and to pay for production costs beyond the ACCAC provision, a standard technical set up, load-in and load out.
Companies are responsible for transportation to, from, or within the city and to the designated venue, accommodations and per diem or en route for artistic, technical, and representative’s personnel; production or display materials; transportation or storage of freight; and visas if applicable.
Performance and technical schedules will be determined after selection.
ACCAC works to meet the needs of all companies but may not be able to accommodate all the requirements in your standard rider. Please note that you may be required to condense your regular load-in and technical schedule in addition to working within a general house light plot.
If additional time, labor and/or equipment is requested by Applicant, and can be accommodated within the schedule determined by ACCAC, Applicant will be charged for any additional costs. Applicant will be responsible for production expenses which include but are not limited to charges for additional technical labor, back line gear, equipment rental, pyrotechnic permits, etc.
If you are selected, every effort will be made to perform your work in a venue best suited for the work of art but know that the venues will be scheduled to best meet the needs of many works within a condensed period of time. The schedule, venue selection, and number of times each work of art if performed will be at ACCAC’s discretion.
When making final selections, the Selection Committee has agreed upon the following criteria for assessing applications:
• The work reflects an intrinsic artistic integrity.
• The work demonstrates an overall artistic rationale with regard to form, direction, music, choreography, design, technical aspects and casting.
• The work is fresh, innovative and relevant.
Keep in mind this is a subjective and dynamic process. Each Open call can be very different based on the pool of applications received and the makeup of the selection committee. Regardless, the overarching criterion is that of quality and an overall balance of work represented.
If, ultimately, a work is not selected, it may be considered for a short, low-tech selection of the production or “Spotlight.” Spotlights will be chosen based on the selection committee’s review of the applications.
The following support materials are strongly suggested but not required: a high resolution photo suitable for printing, an alternate photo, a biography, a touring itinerary, and a technical rider.
We also recommend providing other support materials such as letters of reference, scripts, etc. which you can upload via the application forms file upload possibility.
High-quality video of the full piece is strongly suggested but not required. If submitted, a selection committee member will view video of the entire work prior to the selection committee meeting.
Please submit video of the actual touring show that is intended and be sure your materials reflect the actual number of touring performers.
Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. Submission of this form constitutes acceptance and acknowledgement of the following Terms & Conditions of applying for and/or accepting a juried slot.
• Applications will not be considered unless application and support materials are complete and all submitted by the deadline.
• The application will be reviewed by a Selection Committee made up of ACCAC Members. The Committee’s decision is final. Applicants not selected may be considered to perform a short, low-tech selection of their production or “Spotlight.” Spotlights will be curated based on the selection committee’s review of the applications.
• The scheduling of performances is determined by ACCAC. Be prepared to be available for the whole period mentioned in the application.
• ACCAC does not pay a fee to selected Applicants or Spotlights.
• ACCAC will contact selected Companies to discuss the production’s technical needs and scheduling. ACCAC works to meet the needs of all companies but may not be able to accommodate all the requirements in your standard rider. Please note that you may be required to condense your regular load-in and technical schedule in addition to working within a general house light plot.
• If additional time, labor and/or equipment is requested by Applicant, and can be accommodated within the schedule determined by ACCAC, Applicant will be charged for any additional costs. Applicant will be responsible for production expenses which include but are not limited to charges for additional technical labor, back line gear, equipment rental, pyrotechnic permits, etc. An estimate will be provided detailing any additional expenses we anticipate Applicant will incur and once agreed by both parties, this amount will be due to ACCAC prior to Performance.
• Selected Performance Artists are responsible for transportation to, from, or within the city to the designated venue, for accommodations or per diem or en route for artistic, technical, and representative’s personnel; for any production or display materials; for transportation or storage of freight; and for proper visas and documentation for legal performance of Applicants show. Accessible Arts and Culture (ACCAC), the venue and/or our partners assume no financial responsibility for costs incurred by artistic companies other than specified above.
• Selected Applicants will be required to enter into a contractual agreement with ACCAC. Failure to complete and return all required contracts and administrative paperwork and phone calls to ACCAC in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of Applicants slot. This includes but is not limited to: letter of agreement, program copy, biographies, photos, technical info, as well as payment of agreed upon additional technical fees and production expenses.
• The person submitting this application is an authorized representative of the company/artist for whom the application is being made. By submitting this application, the individual assumes all responsibilities and liabilities for the fees as outlined in this application, including, but not limited to the timely payment of all fees and the guarantee of funds to cover the registration deposits and fees.
• The representative submitting this application also assumes all responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and indicates that all statements, facts, and figures are complete and accurate. Failure to provide complete and accurate information may result in the voiding of the application, prevention from participation, and retention of all fees collected by ACCAC.
• The relationship between the Applicant and ACCAC is restricted to the agreement and this signed agreement does not infer, imply, or bind the signing party and/or ACCAC to any other commitments beyond those outlined herein.
• The arrangement included herein does not in any way make the Applicant an authorized agent, employee, or contractor of ACCAC and the Applicant’s rights and responsibilities with regard to this agreement shall not exceed those outlined herein.
• This application does not represent a commitment by ACCAC to the Applicant.
• Applicant will perform the performance that was stated in the application.